TEACHING AT HEATHFIELD INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENTIANE
Due to expansion and growth HISV are looking to recruit Early Years and Primary teachers for the next academic year August 2019.
Our school has a purpose built building that is situated in a quiet part of the city and offers its pupils excellent modern facilities for learning and recreation. There is a strong emphasis on creating a family-orientated, happy and stimulating environment where pupils can reach their potential and become lifelong learners. Character development and academic achievement are both considered essential aspects to pupils’ development. Our pupils are polite, well-mannered and have an excellent attitude towards school life. Our school is developing and expanding quickly, all members of staff are expected to contribute with high expectations and a willingness to organize or support school events.
Experience of teaching English National Curriculum and overseas teaching experience are desirable but not essential.
Visitors new to our British international school often comment about our family-orientated and friendly atmosphere. Our students comprising Lao of birth and those born in foreign countries are curious about the world, playful, seekers of knowledge and possess qualities exhibiting respect, promoting tolerance and working collaboratively.
We seek to appoint enthusiastic, multi-skilled and motivated staff, blending newly qualified with those possessing global experience. A hallmark of our teachers is that they are passionate about teaching and work collaboratively to discuss ideas about improving their pedagogical skills in an international teaching environment.
Some of the qualities that we specifically identify when recruiting new staff include:
- Professional upholder of high standards
- Caring and empathetic with a good understanding of viewing the world through the eyes of a child
- Good communication skills
- Positive mindset
- Solution provider and an encouraging team player
- Enthusiastic about co-curricular activities
- A seeker to make a meaning difference in the lives of students
- Genuine fascination and interest to learn about Lao culture and customs
Our teachers come from a variety of backgrounds, nationalities and cultures, allowing them to share their experiences with our students. Many of our students are learning English as an additional language, so an understanding and some experience teaching non-native English speakers – or a willingness to try – is important in our school. Other attributes that we seek include the following:
- Appropriate differentiation of lessons
- Effective integration of IT to promote learning experiences
- Ability to plan units of work based on the learning readiness of the students
- Good management of recording keeping, assessment and report writing
- Enthusiasm to support school events and extra-curricular activities
- Experience in coaching sporting teams, performing arts and recreation activities
- Experience in outdoor education
The school day for teachers is from 07:30 until 16:00 and staffs are expected to contribute to extra curricula activities, playground duties and other school events. The next academic year will begin August 26th 2019 until July 17th.
Interested applicants should email their CV and letter of application to the Headmaster
Mr. Michael Anderson.